What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Written by: Dr. NijamSeptember 28, 2019
Your smile often says a lot about your personality. In today's highly competitive world there is no saying how important a first impression can be. Whether you want to make a good first impression to ace your job interview, impress your clients or to turn that first date into a second date with that special someone..... a great smile will go a long way. A beautiful set of pearly whites can never replace strong values such as honesty, hardwork and humility but it sure can give you an added advantage.
In his TED talk, Ron Gutman speaks about the power of smiling and shares research conducted on smiling. The research found the following benefits to smiling
- People who smiled more frequently were more successful in marriage, had more successful careers and earned more money
- People with beaming smiles lived longer
- Smiling stimulates the brain to produce chemicals which make us feel better. A study showed that a smile produces the same effect as eating 2000 bars of chocolate!!!
- Smiling helps to reduce stress enhancing hormones such as cortisol, adrenaline and dopamine and increases the level of endorphins and has a overall effect of reducing blood pressure.
- When you smile you appear to be more likeable, look better and more competent.
But if you feel conscious about your smile then your smile may be reflecting qualities opposite to your true self.
Cosmetic dentistry can enhance and rejuvenate your smile. There are many types treatments available for cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry can range from simple treatments that can be completed within 1-2 sessions as well as treatments that can take about 12-18 months to complete.
Cosmetic dentistry can be wallet friendly as well. Many people assume that cosmetic dentistry will cost several thousands of dollars. While there are treatments that may cost several thousand dollars, there are also treatments within a few hundred dollars which may be affordable to many.
Cosmetic dentistry should never compromise the health of your teeth and must always be minimally invasive. Invasive procedures will never give you lasting benefits. Make sure you have an in depth consultation with your dentist to find out the most conservative way to improve your smile without compromising the health of your teeth.
A Trial Smile is one of the best ways to get a sneak preview of your improved smile before any lasting treatment is done on your teeth. The best part of a trial smile is that it is completely reversible.
Visit us at Coast Dental and ask us for a trial smile and see what improvements you can make to your smile which will never go out of fashion.